Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pear #1 - The Diva


oil painting, pear, black & white, GSivitz
Pear #1 - The Diva 
6 x 6 inches, oil on canvas paper

It’s October 1st, and that means the beginning of the 30 Pears in 30 Days project! And here it is, the first of 30 pear paintings. A value study in black & white. The whole time I was painting this, I was thinking about the pear being a diva in the spotlight. I wonder what she was singing. 

I love the stem on this pear. So long and expressive - almost like a cat’s tail. While I was doing warm-up sketches this past week in preparation for starting the daily pear paintings project, I realized I can’t get too attached to any one pear because they don’t hold up forever, especially under my studio lights. I have to remind myself there will be other divas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate you stopping by.

POPULAR POSTS