Monday, January 23, 2017

Live Model Drawing

Still working on humans. Here are a few drawings out of my sketchbook from a couple of live model sessions I've attended in the last month.

Sivitz, sketch, woman, graphite, white charcoal, figure drawing, art
Model with head scarf
Graphite and white charcoal pencil on tan paper.



Sivitz, man, male, drawing, sketch, graphite, white charcoal pencil, figure drawing, art
Model at Sketch Club
Graphite, charcoal pencil and white charcoal pencil on tan paper.


You may have noticed that most of my sketches have the model turned away from me. It's because I'm terribly intimidated by drawing faces. I forced myself to draw this model's profile and thankfully it didn't turn out half bad. Maybe I'll be a little braver next time. Then I have to conquer my fear of drawing hands...

The cellist I painted in my last post sat for me again this weekend! The study of her that I've been working on has come a long way. As soon as I can get a good photograph of it, I'll post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate you stopping by.

POPULAR POSTS